Add webhook in Shopify
The webhook allows your Shopify shop to tell Templett when you have a new order so we can get the details and give your customer access to their purchased templates.
- Log into your Shopify account and navigate to the admin area (shopname.myshopify.com/admin)
- Click Settings (lower left corner)
- Click “Notifications”
- Scroll down to “Webhooks” and click “Create webhook”
- In the Event dropdown, select “Order update”
- In the Format dropdown, select “JSON”
- In the URL field, enter: https://templett.com/shopify_hook.php
- Click “Save webhook”
- Copy the webhook key (you’ll need it in the next step)
- Keep the page open (you’ll come back to it in the next step)
Setup Templett to work with Shopify
The next thing you’ll need to do is connect your Shopify shop in Templett.
- Log into Templett and navigate to Admin > Integrations
- Click the “Connect Shopify Shop” button
- Enter the name of your shop
- Enter the myshopify url of your shop (shopname.myshopify.com). Not your domain name
- Paste in the webhook key that you copied previously
- Click “Add Shop”
- Log into Shopify to authorize use with Templett
You’ll be redirected back to Templett and your shop will be connected.
Test the connection
Go back to the Shopify admin page where you created the webhook. There is an option to send a test notification. Do that now to test the connection. Check your email after clicking Send Test Notification. You should received an email stating that the test was successful. If so, you’ll be ready to start using Shopify with Templett.
Template id’s in product descriptions
Be sure to put the template id’s in the product descriptions. If you do not put the template id’s in the product description, Templett will disregard the order and your customer will not get access to their purchased templates. Please see this article for more information.
You’re all set. Create a test order in Shopify to make sure everything works properly. If the order isn’t pulled into Templett, go over the steps again carefully to make sure you didn’t miss anything.