Understanding the process of selling a template and what happens at each step is important as a seller so you know what your customers should expect.
After the sale
Within just a few minutes after your customer makes a purchase from your shop, Templett is notified about the order. The steps below outline the process.
1. Templett is noticed about the order.
2. We make sure there are template id's in the order. If there are no template id's in the order, we'll assume this order is not meant for Templett and we'll skip it.
3. The order is created in Templett with the customer email and username (if the username is available).
4. The templates are added to the customer's account. If an account already exists for this customer, we'll add the templates to the existing account.
5. An email is sent to the customer's email address (from the order) with an access link to confirm their account.
6. On the confirmation page (after clicking the access link), the user will be able to set a password for their Templett account.
7. After the user confirms their account and sets a password, they'll be redirected to the design area where they can start editing their templates.
A few important things to know
If the user already has an account in Templett, we'll still send an email but it will not have the same access link as a new customer. The templates will be added to the customers account and they just need to login to their account at that point.
An access link only applies to new customers. After the customer's account is active, the access link just redirects to the design area from that point on. This prevents users from sharing access links on the web.
Sometimes a user may provide the wrong email, an old email, etc in their order. This can happen in Etsy when the user has an old account and hasn't updated their email in a long time. This is bound to happen at some point in your shop so it's important to be ready for it. You have a couple options. You can access the customer's account and copy and paste their access link to them in a message or you can direct them to the login page and they can access their account by following the prompts after entering in the email from the order. They will need to enter the order number to get access to their account.